The Atlanta Hawks will be awarding TWO (2) – Jr. NBA Coach of the Year awards!
Do you know a basketball coach making a difference in the community? Have they made a significant impact on you or someone you know? Are they making a positive impact on children by demonstrating outstanding integrity, character and leadership? Help support them and their team by nominating them as the Atlanta Hawks Jr. NBA Community or Scholastic Coach of the Year!
Jr. NBA Community Coach of the Year
– Coach that exhibits a lasting impact on their community as a whole; coach can work with non-profit and community organizations such as the Boys & Girls Club, YMCA, or club/travel-based programs.
Jr. NBA Scholastic Coach of the Year
– School coach, which could include a P.E. teacher, a teacher that coaches a school-based team, or a part-time employee that coaches the school team.
One winner will be selected to represent the Atlanta market for the (2022-2023) Jr. NBA Community Coach of the Year and one winner will be selected to represent as the Jr. NBA Scholastic Coach of the Year.
The Atlanta Market nominees will receive:
- Recognition at a future Hawks game
- Co-branded Jr. NBA & Atlanta Hawks Coach of the Year Trophy
- Atlanta Hawks Prize Pack – including an autographed item
- Free USA Basketball Coach License (2023-2024)
- Three (3) Positive Coaching Alliance books
- Access to one (1) Positive Coaching Alliance DGC1 online course
- Recognition on Jr. NBA Coach of the Year website
*Must coach kids between the age of 6-14 to be eligible. Application closes March 31, 2023
In addition, they will be automatically entered into the National Jr. NBA Coach of the Year Selection Process, along with a chance to win $5,000 to support their program and continue to serve the community.
The nomination form can be found by clicking the link below!