The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Academy hosts three (3) coaches workshops in the month of February. The Hawks Basketball Academy Virtual Coaches Clinic Series presented by adidas invites coaches from across the state of Georgia to further their development as coaches by being active participants in the clinics. The clinics will feature guest speakers from the Atlanta Hawks, WNBA, College Park Skyhawks and USA Basketball.
Inside the Huddle: A Pro Perspective on Coaching Today's Youth | February 2, 2021
Panelists discussed how coaching youth has evolved over the years; overcoming challenges that both youth and coaches face throughout a season; and how to keep youth motivated.
Panelists this week included:
- Onyeka Okongwu, Hawks player
- Landry Fields, Hawks Assistant General Manager
- Renee Montgomery, Hawks studio analyst & WNBA Champ
- Bob Rathbun, Moderator
USA Basketball Workshop: Coaching Fundamentals, Development & Tools for Success | February 16, 2021
USA Basketball's Coach Don Showalter discusses 3-on-0, 3-on-3 and communication in the youth basketball space utilizing court diagrams which can be found below. To close out the workshop, Showalter answers participants' questions in an engaging Q&A session.
- The best coaches are organized
- Setting team standards can be more effective than setting rules
- Coaches should bring enthusiasm and passion to practice each day
Download Coach Showalter's PDF's by clicking on the respective diagram.